Sunday, June 29, 2008

Friday

Friday, was a no run day in preparation for the long run on Saturday. My goal was to hydrate. Still, I didn't seem to get around to it until the afternoon. I don't know why this has become such a hangup. How hard is it to raise my arm and swallow at the same time? And it's not that I don't like water. I do... a lot. It just seems to be that I get sidetracked doing and thinking about a million other things and suddenly I get to 2 or 3 in the afternoon and I realise that I haven't even had a decent glass that day. I read somewhere that the best way to remedy this problem is to carry a water bottle around with you all day. That way it is constantly in your hand as a reminder to drink it. Whoever wrote that article doesn't have a baby and 2 other small children. Or now that I think of it, any kind of job that requires 2 hands. I read somewhere that they have keyboards that are designed to only require one hand. I figure the author of this "handy" tip must be putting one of those to good use. But I did pretty well Friday afternoon and evening and hoped that it would be enough for Saturday.

No comments: